Prepare for the CNA Test – Tips, Tools & Techniques
CNA test prep is very important when a student is getting ready to take the exam Without preparing for the exam students will not have the confidence to get through it and could fail. It is important to have a study schedule and stick to it diligently. It is the only way to make sure that you will pass.
Many students think that the exam is easy and if they paid attention during their training that they will easily pass. But this is simply not true. The exam can be very intimidating, especially the skills portion, and without proper preparation a student doesn’t give themselves their best chance to pass. Even well prepared students fail because of nerves.
The best way to prepare for the CNA exam is to set up a study schedule, collect your study materials so you have everything that you need when you go to study and curb your test stress as best you can.
Use a CNA study guide to get the most out of your study time. With it you won’t have to worry about outlining and summarizing your text book – it’s already done for you. All that there is left to do is over the material and learn the information for the CNA State Exam. AND we have the BEST Study Materials available. Please consider us when you prepare for your CNA Certification Exam. For more information see our study packages.
Certified Ways to Overcome CNA Test Jitters
Everybody gets nervous on or before taking a test. If it’s your career thats on the line, you want to give your best and pass. The CNA certification exam involves both careful study and setting aside time to review and take a practice test is important. In order to alleviate some of your stress before taking the actual test these tips will help you:
- Schedule your study time. Some people can study well at night while others are effective learners during the day. Building a simple schedule will help boost your exam preparation. Follow this schedule and let other members of the family knew your schedule. During your study time, find a peaceful or quite corner so that you can focus in your studies.
- Get a study guide that will help you familiarize with the test format for the actual test, provide sample questions or practice test you can take to test yourself, give you tips and techniques on how to pass the test, and provide plenty of relevant information to help improve your score. There are plenty of study guides and practice test available online.
- Take a practice test. The practice test will also test your readiness for the actual exam.
- Practice your clinical skills. The other part of the exam for certified nursing assistants is a skills test. In order to pass this part of the exam, you need to practice the most basic skills required of nursing aid such as oral care, feeding, dressing, and transferring of patients.
- Memorize patient rights. Part of the test is about the rights of the patient therefore you need to at least memorize or get familiar with them. You never know the exact question so to play it safe, study the OSHA and HIPPA rules and regulations. Anyway, this is very important because more and more patients are becoming familiar with their rights and you want to learn them as well to protect your profession.
- Get plenty of rest and try to relax.
These are the things that can help you prepare for the actual CNA test. Following these tips will alleviate your stress and will make you more confident. Remember that as long as you study well and put into action every skill you learn, you will pass the test in flying colors!